In Yunnan Shaolin Temple, we offer specific classes for families. Traditional Kung Fu involves mental and physical exercises, helping the children to stay away from
the computer games and mobile.
THERE ARE TREMENDOUS BENEFITS FOR KIDS TO JOIN A KUNG FU CAMP SUCH:
• Developing personal drive, commitment and hard work;
• Strength, agility, flexibility, reflexes;
• Cardiovascular fitness and coordination;
• Self – Discipline, Self – Esteem, Self – Assurance;
• Focus, fast thinking, take responsibility of own practice and progress;
• Improved productivity at school
• Defend against peer group pressure and bullies.
High values and moral standards in children are instilled in a healthy family life. It is imperative that our children learn these values to guide throughout the life.
The most effective and influential teachers in a child’s life are their family members.
In the recent years, when parents become more and more busy with work and children are exposed to more distractions, it is important that families find time for
common activities such Martial Arts. During these classes they can learn together, improve together and help each other keeping the family bond alive!
Chinese Traditional Kung Fu is safe and suitable for any member of the family no matter the body quality. Parents can learn Taiji Quan, Qigong, Meditation and
Meihua Quan, styles which focus mainly on Health and Longevity while the children can focus on more dynamic activities such Shaolin Kung Fu, Sparring,
Weapons, Acrobatics and many more. We welcome children as young as 4 but they must be accompanied by adults.
SHAOLIN MORAL ETHICS HAS TWO ASPECTS:
1. The Morality of the Mind (Tián qíng dé填情德): Respect (Sǒng竦), Humility (Qiānbēi谦卑),
Trust (Fú孚), Loyalty (Zhōng忠) and Righteousness (Yì义).
2. The Morality of the Deed (Tián qíng xūn填情勋): Will (Yìzhì意志), Endurance (Nàilì耐力),
Perseverance (Héng xìng恒性), Patience (Nàixīn耐心) and Courage (Yǒng勇).
In Shaolin Temple we teach our students no matter the age the Moral Ethics of the Traditional Art. Marital and Buddhist Monks set
an example for the children and parents to follow. We are all a big Kung Fu family, where we respect and help each other.